The Drive Square Simulation System™ is a driving simulator that enables a trainee to drive in a virtual space, while operating the controls of an actual vehicle.
Using his/her own or an instructor's vehicle, the client drives onto a pair of turntables.
Simulator sensors and actuators are quickly and non-invasively clipped on to the pedals and other applicable controls.
A 360° panoramic view of the road and surrounding area is presented to the trainee via virtual reality goggles, the Head-Mounted Display (HMD).
The scenery is computer-generated by a virtual reality simulation software running on the simulator's portable computer.
The software receives data from the wheels and pedals of the vehicle to provide an extremely interactive experience recreating various driving situations.
The driving simulator sets up in under 20 minutes at any parking space, providing a portable, cost-effective and easy-to-use driver training solution.
Products and Services
Drive Square Simulation System™ line of products support the following types of training:
» General Product Data Sheet
Typical Driving Simulator Configurations
Basic Drive Square Simulation System™ includes:
- Two 20" Turntable Ramps for the front wheels of the vehicle, including steering sensor
- Gas pedal clip-on sensor
- Brake pedal clip-on sensor
- USB vehicle sensor interface device
- Head Mounted Display (HMD) with Head Tracking Device
- Notebook computer including discrete 3D graphics video accelerator
- Vehicle sound system adapter
- All required cables
- Pre-installed STISIM Drive™ simulation software (other software options available)
- Basic courseware / driving scenarios
- User documentation
- 1 Year Warranty
- 1 Year Technical Support
- KMW T&S Software Simulation Engine + Hardware upgrade providing high-quality video rendering, usage of real terrain
databases and advanced vehicle dynamics (this option includes an additional Shuttle™-form-factor computer)
- VBS2™ Software Simulation Engine
upgrade providing multi-player capability and large selection of different vehicles and terrain
databases. (this option still runs on a single computer, but requires upgraded notebook computer)
- All software packages can be shipped with the following options:
- Developer software license enabling modification of driving scenarios
- Impaired Driving Simulation Capability - DUI/DWI, Distracted Driving
- Left- or Right- hand driving capability and road support
- Optional control panels enable practice emergency vehicle operation (EVO) with siren and light controls
- Stick-Shift Kit:
- Clutch pedal clip-on sensor
- Gear shift sensor
- Outdoor Weather Kit:
- Portable over-the vehicle canopy – approx. 10’x20’
- 2 high-power fans (may require external AC power)
- Heavy Vehicle Kit for use with Tractor Trailers and Buses (over 5,000lbs front axle)
- Additional pre-configured Notebook Computer with discrete 3D graphics
video accelerator with pre-installed software for the driving data analysis in a classroom.
We recommend this computer to be connected with the simulator’s computer via a network.
- On-site Installation and Training. Sending a technician to demonstrate
the setup and operation of the System and to instruct your instructors
in the proper use and integration of the System into your training
- Additional Years of Technical Support
For pricing and additional information:
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or
call 1-617-762-4013 x.2